">

Easy Chili Recipe

Here is my original homemade chili recipe that I would like to share with you all. I change it up every time I make it but here is what I used this time.



Ingredients:
2 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
1 onion 
2 jalepenos (Sometimes I use green chilis.)
4 roma tomatos
3 cans of black beans (I usually do black, pinto, and kidney but I was out.)
64 oz of V8/vegetable juice (My dad prefers his chili runny so I use more. How much you use will determine the consistency and is based on preference.)
1.5 lbs of ground beef, you can also add sausage.
Seasonings (I prefer garlic salt and cumin.)



The key to a healthy meal is variation in color! I tried to use purely fresh ingredients with the canned beans and V8 as an exception. 


The directions are pretty easy! Cook your meat on the stove until brown. Wash your ingredients, chop them up and add them to your crock pot. Rinse your beans and add. Then I add the V8 until I have reached the desired consistency. I season with garlic salt and cumin. I usually put my crockpot on high and cook for a couple hours. Easy peasy! 



















Comments

cents of style

Style steals ">

Popular Posts